While we transition our Careers information into this website, please continue to visit our Gungahlin College Careers Google Site for further information.
Want to chat about career options and opportunities? Why not make an appointment with one of our friendly Careers Advisers?
Bookings are essential during this time.
Please note this opportunity is open to current Gungahlin College Students Only. If you are not enrolled at the college, please contact Gungahlin College on 6142 1000 to organise a meeting.
We have now transitioned back to on-campus appointments with Careers. You can find our new office and location where the Student Services office used to be.
Our Careers Services Include:
- Transitions: Working with local High Schools to ensure students make a smooth transition to College.
- Career Pathways Advice: Available to meet with both parents and students.
- Year 12 Certificate package checks: Advice and assistance on course of study to ensure students have appropriate subject choices.
- Vocational Opportunities: Australian School Based Apprenticeships (ASBAs) and Work Experience Placements organised. Short courses arranged in partnership with Gungahlin CIT at the end of each semester.
- Presentations: Students have the opportunity to hear from various Tertiary institutions and other organisations at Careers Focus Days and during blended learning times.
- Careers Market: Students visit the Careers market in August each year.
- Sue Birkett - Director
- Di Davidson (Monday - Wednesday)
- Kirstin De Montis
- Elspeth Rollason
- Breanna Blight - Corporate Support
Australian School Based Apprenticeship (ASBA)
Work Experience (WEX)
Partnerships with Other Registered Training Organisations (RTO)
- CIT Bar and Restaurant Service
- CIT Computerised Reservation Systems
- AIE Certificate II in Screen (Basic 3D Animation)
- AIE Certificate II in IT (Basic Games Programming)
- CIT Certificate IV Business Units
- CIT Introduction to Community Services Work
- CIT Electrotechnology Basics
- CIT Portfolio Presentation
- CIT Fashion Illustration
- CIT Massage
- CIT Hair and Beauty
- Club Start
Beyond School Resources
- Three tertiary education explainer infographics
- Higher education or VET? – Provides information about each sector so that students can understand what type/level of qualification they may need to get to the career they want
- Pathways to university – Provides examples of ways that students can access higher education (e.g. bridging course; VET/sub-bachelor studies; ATAR; principal recommendation scheme) and points them to apply for uni via their relevant TAC
- Choose your own higher education adventure – a flow chart for higher education students to select options that apply to them and find which HELP loan is most suitable for their study choice
- One HELP loan comparison ‘cheat sheet’ – a table to compare each different loan and provide information about when a student might access each one
- Five fact sheets – one for each of the four HELP loan schemes (HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP, OS-HELP, SA-HELP) and one for the VET Student Loans program, that provide basic information about each
Quick Careers Reminders
To get updated Careers Information in this transition period please visit the Careers Website.
To book a careers appointment please click here.
Work experience is gradually being reinstated. Placements will be limited and available to those Year 12 students who would benefit from a placement to gain employment. Priority will also be given to those students looking for Australian School Based Apprenticeships.
**Please note that only work experience booked through careers will have points credited to the Senior Secondary Certificate.