We will be running Parent Forums on 31 May and 7 June. These are targeted information nights to support our parents to know, understand and support their young people through their final years of school education, both emotionally and academically. There will be a Year 11 Parent Forum and a Year 12 Parent Forum. There will be plenty of opportunity for Q&A.
FOR PARENTS/CARERS OF YEAR 11 STUDENTS
WEDNESDAY 31 MAY, 6.00–7.00PM
What’s normal and when should I be concerned?
Parents can choose two of the following three sessions:
- Student wellbeing: coping with exam pressures, stress, anxiety, assessment overload and uncertainty about the future.
- Student transition: how to choose the right pathway, what’s the best path for work, training, university, CIT.
- Student relationships: friendships and cultural diversity, safe behaviour vs risk taking behaviour, sexuality, social-moral-legal issues.
FOR PARENTS/CARERS OF YEAR 12 STUDENTS
WEDNESDAY 7 JUNE, 6.00–7.00PM
Beyond Year 12
- Alternative pathways: University of Canberra (UC) Connect and CIT pathways to university.
- Finishing college early: completing the Senior Secondary Certificate and study package in July.
- Academic questions: university entrance, scholarships, part-time study etc.