All staff at Gungahlin College use Appsence to maintain and manage student attendance in classes. Appsence is a smartphone app that provides real-time notification of student attendance for parents, students and teachers, ensuring that all members of our community are informed of reasons for student absence from class.
Parents can download Appsence from the App Store or Google Play store for their iOS or Android smart phone. Using the username and password provided by the school, they can login to keep informed of their child's attendance, and to explain student absences as a result of sickness or approved leave. If parents need to find out their username and password, they can contact the school's front office and request the details.
Students can ask their Connect teacher for their username and password to access Appsence and stay on top of their class attendance.
Complete documentation and user guides for Appsence are available for download from the links below:
- Appsence download links - App Store | Google Play | Appsence Download Guide (pdf, 286kb)
- Parent access guides - iOS (pdf, 2mb) | Android (pdf, 2mb) | Parent Portal (pdf, 1mb) (website)
- Student access guides - iOS | Android
Please Note: If parents/carers do not own a compatible smartphone/device or are unable to submit absences using Appsence, you can notify us of a student absence using one of these methods:
- Written absence explanation to their student’s Connect teacher.
- Explanation of absence via our absences hotline: 6142 1050
- Explanation of absence via our new absences email address: GNGCAbsences@ed.act.edu.au
When explaining an absence, parents must provide all of the following information:
- Student name
- Student Connect class
- Date and time of absence
- Explanation/reason for absence
Without the above information, an official explanation cannot be recorded in our system.
Where it is foreseen that a student will be absent from school for an extended period of time (more than one week), the relevant House Coordinator must be contacted.