Performing Arts Immersion Stream
Applications for 2021 are now closed.
The audition process for 2021 applicants:
- A PAIS coordinator will contact students and parents/carers to arrange an audition time.
- Students attend an audition and interview, tailored to course selections. Examples of audition requirements are:
- Music: performance of a student-selected song
- Dance: performance of short prepared solo, in a style of your choice, to musical accompaniment
- Drama: performance of a monologue
- Musical & Stage Performance: performance of a song and either a monologue or dance solo
- Production for Live Theatre: interview and CV-based appraisal
A PAIS coordinator will then contact students and parents/carers with the results of the audition/interview process.
The Performing Arts Immersion Stream (PAIS) is designed to support, encourage and mentor students who are committed to excelling in the Performing Arts and are considering a future career in this field. Students who are successful in applying to the PAIS are looking to develop their participation, leadership and academic excellence in more than one area of the Performing Arts.
- The aim of PAIS is to promote and foster student skills in Performing Arts participation, leadership and academic excellence in readiness for industry expectations and career pathways.
- Students in the PAIS are provided with opportunities to develop performance skills both inside and outside of the general classroom environment.
- On successful completion of the program students gain a school-based certificate at graduation.
Participation, Leadership, Academic Excellence
In conjunction with other expectations listed below, a student who:
- Achieves a C to B average across all Performing Arts classes will receive a PAIS Certificate
- Achieves a B to A across all Performing Arts classes average will receive a PAIS Certificate with Distinction
PAIS students also commit to:
- studying 2-3 performing arts subjects for the two years, choosing from:
- participating in at least one school production
- representing the school in at least three extra-curricular performances (e.g DanceFest, Limelight, ActUp!, ComeAlive, Community Events, College Events)
- in year 12, leading the organisation of a performance activity (e.g workshops, opt-ins, choreographing performances, musical arrangements for performance)