Do you have a concern?

Gungahlin College is committed to establishing and nurturing positive partnerships between the college and our community.

Gungahlin College offers a wide range of both pastoral and support services for students. This support includes House groups, Directors of Student Wellbeing, Safe and Supportive Schools Contact Officers (SASCO’s). Students may also access careers, work experience, and personal counselling services including a school psychologist.

If your concern relates to academic achievement please follow the appeals process as specified in the Student Academic Handbook.

The Education Directorate (the Directorate) is committed to addressing the complaints it receives from parents, carers, students and members of the community about ACT public schools and the Directorate in a manner that is courteous, efficient, fair and prompt. The Directorate is also committed to establishing and nurturing positive partnerships between schools and their communities.

Concerns should initially be raised at the local level for instance, with the class teacher/ House Coordinator or Assistant/ Directors of Student Wellbeing.

The issue may then be referred to a supervising staff member/leadership team member/student services team, Associate Principal and then to the Principal if the concern has not been resolved.

If the matter is not resolved at the local level and you wish to make a complaint, the complainant may lodge a Written Complaint with the Manager, Liaison Unit at: or GPO Box 158 CANBERRA ACT 2601.

More information is available on the ACT Education Directorate Website: