Vocational Education

Gungahlin College is a registered training organisation (RTO 88208). Vocational courses provide competency based training that is workplace relevant and develops skills that enhance training and employment opportunities beyond college. Students work towards the completion of specific competencies that will allow them to receive a nationally recognised qualification.

Australian School Based Apprenticeships (ASBA) information for students

Gungahlin College students can choose to undertake an ASBA to finish college with a Nationally Recognised Certificate or Statement of Attainment as well as a Year 12 Certificate. For more information, please see the presentation (ppsx, 1.3mb) or flyer (pdf, 181kb).

The following certificates are offered at North Training (RTO 88208) at the Gungahlin College site

BSB20115 – Certificate II in Business - to be replaced by BSB20120 Certificate II in Workplace Skills in 2022

BSB30115 – Certificate III in Business - to be replaced by BSB30120 Certificate III in Business in 2022

CUA20220 – Certificate II in Creative Industries

CUA30213 – Certificate III in Community Dance, Theatre and Events - to be replaced by CUA30220 Certificate III in Community Dance, Theatre and Events in 2022

CUA30413 – Certificate III in Live Production and Services - to be replaced by CUA30420 Certificate III in Live Production and Technical Services in 2022

ICT20115 – Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology - to be replaced by ICT20120 Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies in 2022

MST20616 – Certificate II in Applied Fashion Design and Technology

MSF10113 – Certificate I in Furnishing

SIS20115 – Certificate II in Sport and Recreation

SIS30115 – Certificate III in Sport and Recreation

SIT20116 – Certificate II in Tourism

SIT20316 – Certificate II in Hospitality


North Training Student Handbook (Google Doc)

Unique Student Identifier - USI

All students undertaking VET need a USI. Go to www.usi.gov.au and you will need identification such as birth certificate or passport. If you need assistance in obtaining your USI, please see Careers and we would be happy to help.