School IT Support for Students
The school ITOs are currently on a rotating roster to ensure one is onsite during the hours of 9:00am - 3:00pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays, etc), and therefore support will be available, and any jobs logged will be actioned, during these hours.
Should a student experience hardware or software problems with their issued Chromebook or their personal device (only limited support available for these unfortunately), or they require assistance with internet connectivity for learning, they will need to do the following in order to arrange IT support:
- Complete the IT Support Form
- If the form is unavailable, send an email to ITSupport.GNGC@ed.act.edu.au with the following information –Name
- Student ID
- Contact details - email & mobile number
- SNID (and or Serial) # of the device
- Description of issue being as detailed as possible
An ITO will then respond via phone, SMS, or email and arrange a suitable time for the student to bring the device into the school for examination and repair where possible.
General timings will be:
- Equipment drop-offs to the front office (contactless), between 10:00am and 11:00am
- Pickups between 2:00pm & 3:00pm (after student receives message confirming this)
For general/warranty problems, a loan device may be issued (depending on availability) and this will need to be returned (in the same condition it was loaned) when the original device is ready for pickup.
Where the problem relates to physical damage then the device will need to be sent away for evaluation and an invoice sent out if the issues are deemed non-warrantable.